Remember those flowers you got for Valentine’s Day? They became rather droopy without the amount of water they needed.
Now think about how you feel without a daily intake of water. If your body is made up of 50 to 70 percent water, then doesn’t that say something about the water you need each day to stay healthy?
Here are 10 reasons to increase your daily water intake and how your body will benefit:
- Drinking water is the most important element for survival. We can go without the fats or carbohydrates, but if we lose our body’s water reserve then it could be fatal.
- Drinking water will help balance your body’s temperature. When you’re in warmer climates or exerting a lot of energy, sweating helps you maintain proper body temperature. Hydrating during those times will help you replenish the water you’re losing.
- Water is a key way to hydrate your body. There are essential nutrients water provides and as you regularly receive these essentials you’ll notice yourself moving from sluggish to energized.
- Staying hydrated can serve as an appetite suppressant and help with weight loss. Drinking water before a meal can help you feel full faster and eliminates overeating.
- Water is needed for proper digestion. Water is required to process all the nutrients from the food we eat and carry the assimilated nutrients to the cells by circulating through the lymphatic system.
- Strengthen your muscles through water. Proper hydration contributes to increased athletic performance and prevents muscle cramps.
- Drinking water can prevent headaches. Too many times the cause of headaches is lack of water. Feel a headache coming on? Drink a bottle of water first and then see how you feel.
- Water is excellent for your skin. Regular water consumption can improve the color and texture of your skin by helping it build new cells. It also flushes out toxins out of your system which can keep your skin clear and even make you look younger.
- Eliminate dandruff. Your scalp is an important part of your skin that needs water. By daily hydration you could alleviate dry scalp and dandruff issues.
- Grow long, healthy hair. Just like your skin, your hair needs care from the inside-out. Drinking water will help your hair growth as you provide the needed nutrients and hydration for your hair roots.
So lift your glass of water and let’s toast to a healthy life. Cheers!