Healthy hair comes from a healthy scalp and that is why Aveda formulated the Pramāsana™ collection. This unique line features three home care products, which can be used together to give yourself what we refer to as an Awakening Scalp Ritual: The Exfoliating Scalp Brush, Purifying Scalp Cleanser and Protective Scalp Concentrate. Scalp dry brushing begins the cleansing process by exfoliating the scalp to help loosen buildup and impurities. It also helps increase micro‐circulation. Used as part of the system, it is the first step in creating an optimal foundation for beautiful hair.
The beauty of the Exfoliating Scalp Brush is that it was designed with looped bristles which are great for massaging your scalp without tangling your hair. When brushing hair, consider the brush as a massage tool, using small circular motions and focusing your work on the scalp, rather than the hair.
To get the full effects of the scalp dry brushing treatment, follow these steps.
- Brush through your hair to detangle.
- Take a deep conscious breath and focus on your breathing throughout the process.
- To stimulate the roots of your hair, brush from the hairline to the crown of the head in an upward motion. Repeat as you cover the entire scalp.
- Using a downward motion to massage the entire right side of the scalp for 15 seconds. Repeat on the left side.
- Gently press the brush into the scalp starting from the back bristles of the brush moving the pressure to the front bristles in a rolling motion. Cover the entire scalp.
- Gently tap the brush on the scalp, covering the entire scalp.
In addition to boosting microcirculation, you’ll find that a scalp massage feels great due to the high number of nerve endings in the area. Not to mention, it provides a moment of relaxation. Follow the ritual by cleansing with the Pramāsana™ Purifying Scalp Cleanser, and then keep sebum levels balanced and the scalp protected from pollution and free radicals with the Protective Scalp Concentrate.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask any of our Z Salon stylists or guest representatives.