I just love citrus aromas—especially this time of year, don’t you? There is just something so refreshing about eating a big juicy orange or a cute little mandarin. The great thing about citrus oils, is that they are stimulating and calming. Surprising, right?
Let’s delve in a little deeper on the radiant citrus essential oil: Tangerine.
Tangerine essential oil like all citrus oils are “expressed” or “cold-pressed.” What does this mean to you? Well, the oils are extracted from the peels of the fruit, and it is a simple and quick process, involving no heat. Therefore there is no chemical breakdown on the therapeutic compounds that make up tangerine oil. Expressed oils also generally mean that the oils are less expensive to produce.
AVEDA Singular Note Tangerine (citrus tangerina) is already pre-diluted for your personal use in fractionated coconut oil. Therefore, it is safe for you to use directly on your skin! No need to do any math, buying a carrier oil, and each bottle has approximately 900 drops at only $17, yippee!
Benefits: Warming oil that is stimulating to digestion and lymphatic system, yet calming to the nervous system and clears the mind. Tangerine is astringent (reduces oil) therefore, it’s a great balancer for oily and acne conditions.
AVEDA Singular Notes are for topical and inhalation use only.
~10 WAYS TO USE FRESH AND FRUITY TANGERINE OIL~
1. Nervous tension: Take a tangerine break. Inhale on a tissue, or apply a couple drops on your hands and massage onto your pulse points. Get up and stretch and don’t forget to belly breath! Add a grounding touch with a few drops of Sandalwood for your meditation.
2. Refresh your shoes or your car with a couple drops on a cotton pad. For your car, weave the cotton pad through the air vents in your car.
3. Insomnia: massage 2-4 drops into the soles of the feet and 2-4 drops on the back of the hands and chest. Try the “tense/relax” breathing technique in which you breathe deeply into your abdomen and tense each area of your body progressively, starting at your toes and working your way to your jaw and scalp. Hopefully you won’t make it to your face and will be catching some zzzz’s!
4. Bedtime bath: add 10 drops to a warm bath, wonderful with Shampure Body Wash and Shampure Soy Wax Candle for a bubbly floral, citrus AVEDA experience. Finish with a few drops of Tangerine with Shampure Body Lotion for a bedtime self-massage. Ahhhhh
5. Swelling/fluid retention: massage 3-5 drops to each area lightly and sweep with butterfly light pressure toward the heart. Elevate the area 20 minutes, 3/X a day if you can, above your heart.
6. Oily skin/acne skin: add 2-3 drops into your Botanical Kinetics Gel Cleanser and also into your Botanical Kinetics Hydrating Lotion. Don’t forget to enjoy the aroma, and breathe deep for a refreshing yet calming start and end to your day. add 2-3 drops into your Botanical Kinetics Gel Cleanser and also into your Botanical Kinetics Hydrating Lotion. Don’t forget to enjoy the aroma, and breathe deep for a refreshing yet calming start and end to your day
7. Digestive stimulant: Use about 10 drops and massage your belly in a clockwise motion slowly, to your level of comfort with pressure. Inhaling tangerine is also helpful for nausea.
8. Dream-sicle aroma: Wanna smell good enough to eat? Blend a few drops each of Vanilla Absolute Singular Note with Tangerine and be ready to make mouths water!
9. Allergy issues: tangerine won’t do much for allergies, but if you’re like me, I don’t care much for straight Eucalyptus…reminds me of Vicks as a child. So by blending the two, I still get the benefits of eucalyptus but it smells much more pleasant. Works great for my kiddos too.
10. Clean your house/”fauxbreze”: mix 15 drops tangerine with 2 parts water and 1 part vinegar in a 4 oz spray bottle for a general feel good, smell good cleaner for your house! mix 30 drops tangerine with equal parts water and vodka (it will solubilize the oil without leaving a smell) into a 4 oz bottle and spray away. Much healthier than Febreze, then you can sit down and have a vodka tonic and enjoy all your hard work from cleaning and refreshing the air! Cheers!