A popular view about massage techniques is that they are only for pampering purposes. Many people do not realize the positive influence a massage has on a person’s health. For this reason, many feel a massage treatment is a luxury for special occasions and not something to be enjoyed on a regular basis.
Massage has been around for centuries as a therapeutic process which increases mental and physical health while promoting positive aging. According to Antiagingsavantess, recent studies have shown that massage therapy can provide much more than just a temporary feel-good effect. These studies show, using massage, we are increasing our overall psychological feeling of wellness. We are also, via its physiological benefits, preventing ailments that tend to occur as a result of aging. Massage therapy should, therefore, be considered an integral part of our Anti-Aging regimen.
In today’s busy environment, massage decreases our stress response and in turn decreases health related issues caused by stress. We are all aware that stress is a major aging factor and health risk. Reducing the stress we experience is of the utmost importance to our quality of life and the rate at which age takes its toll on our appearance.
Massage promotes health and anti-aging benefits in a number of ways.
- Decrease cortisol and insulin levels while increasing calming serotonin and dopamine.
- Encourages oxytocin release. Oxytocin is a stress reducing, bonding hormone most famous for its role in birthing. It helps activate the parasympathetic nervous system to slow down heart rate and breathing, relaxing muscles and improving digestion.
- Increases endorphin release. Endorphins are pain-reducing neurotransmitters. Anxiety created by stress can cause increased sensitivity to pain. Endorphins help stop transmission of pain signals.
- Decrease Beta Brainwave activity. This leads to increase stimulated release of relaxing neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine as well as decreased release of cortisol levels.
- Stimulates Delta Brainwave activity. This type of brain activity is one which facilitates deep sleep induction — explaining the natural tendency to dose off during a massage session!
By making massage a regular part of your health strategy, you will feel younger and look younger. At our newly renovated Spa area, Z Salon offers a variety of massage services. Start off the New Year by scheduling an appointment with one of our trained massage therapists. They will discuss your health concerns and customize a personalized session to meet your needs. Call today to schedule an appointment or go online at zsalon.com.
Leave a Reply