Have you ever wanted to get that “loose curl” look for your hair but didn’t have time to get into the salon? Emily from the Aveda Institute is going to give you the step by step process to do just that. In just a few steps at home, you can have those same fabulous loose curls that celebrities like Mila Kunis, Rihanna and Kate Middleton have while they strut the red carpet.
Here Are The Steps To Do It Yourself:
1. Wash your hair. Make sure it’s nice and wet.
2. Start with the Be Curly Style-Prep. Get it on your hands and fingers then comb your hair with your fingers and go from your ends to your scalp on both sides. You should feel like you have product in your hair, but not an excessive amount or in globs.
3. Use the Be Curly Curl Controller and repeat the step above. Put the product on your hands, then run your fingers through your hair from the bottom to the top.
4. Part your hair in two equal halves.
5. Blow dry to about 80% dry.
6. Start twisting and wrapping your hair. Twist a section of your hair tight and then wrap your hair until it looks like a bun on the side of your head. Tuck the ends underneath and clip it. Repeat this step until all of your hair is wrapped.
7. Dry the twisted buns with a diffuser. Put the diffuser on the end of your blowdryer and put the dryer on hot heat, low speed.
8. When you take the buns out, do so slowly to make sure they are completely dry on the inside.
9. Take out the clips and peel apart the buns with your fingers. Do this gently.
10. You should see those nice, loose curls.
11. Finish with Light Elements Smoothing Fluid to help all the flyaways stay down and have a smooth and finished look. Just put some in your hands and run your fingers through your hair.
12. Use a curling rod on the ends of your hair for a polished look. Take a big section and wrap around the curling rod, hold for a few seconds, and continue on other sections until finished.
13. Ta-da! Beautiful loose curls.
To see the video for this full demonstration, just watch the video below on how to go from tight to loose curls. If you want to have your hair professionally styled for that perfect look, please schedule an appointment with one of our Z Salon technicians and get a full color and texture or a cut and style that will have your fiends saying, WOW!