Did you know that drinking red wine can have significant health benefits? Check out our list below of 7 health benefits of drinking red wine.
- Red wine protects against Alzheimer’s disease as it protects cell damage and prevents mental decline.
- Red wine has heart healthy benefits including lower cholesterol and thinning blood.
- Red wine lowers the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- The antioxidants in red wine may also help to prevent cancer.
- Red wine promotes longer living with a mortality rate that is 34 percent lower than beer or vodka.
- Red wine helps your body stay healthy. Studies show that the antioxidants in red wine fight infection and help eliminate free radicals.
- Red wine has even been known to help people lose weight!
So in theory a glass a day can prolong your life and make you happy at the same time! So next time you sit down to enjoy a glass of red wine, feel good about yourself, knowing that you are making a choice that is good for your health! Just remember, drink in moderation! We all know the negative effects of overdoing it on the alcohol.